There is so much to experience in Saugeen Shores!
Come and explore our exceptional community. Getting here is easy and one visit will bring you back again and again.
The Town of Saugeen Shores is tucked along the Lake Huron shoreline just south of Owen Sound and north of Kincardine. Enjoy our famous sunsets after spending the day at the beach or taking in local arts and culture, then relax by tasting culinary treats in one of our fantastic restaurants.
Attending local community events, or exploring our parks and trails are some of the unique experiences that are perfect for the entire family. Our local heritage and community attractions such as the Museum and Art Galleries are a few of the gems of our community that you can explore.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or discovering something new in your own backyard, there is much to explore in Town of Saugeen Shores!
Upcoming Special Events
- June is Recreation and Parks Month! Check out the JRPM Calendar for great ideas on how you can celebrate. And don't forget to complete your Kids JRPM Passport for a FREE Swim at Centennial Pool. Passports are available at the Municipal Office in Port Elgin.
- Summer Swimming Lessons and Camps are available for registration. Register online or in person at the Municipal office. Check out the lesson schedules for more details.
- Check out the Fourth Annual Health and Wellness Fair in partnership with the Rotary Huron Shore Run, taking place on Saturday, June 4th. The event is FREE for the public and full of great health and wellness vendors with interactive booths! View the full list of vendors.
- Art on the Promenade is back this year with a new great format. There are now two dates for the public to check out this free outdoor art show. Now accepting artist applications. For more information check out the event page.
- Bandshells are back! Check out our Sunday Bandshell Concert schedule and mark your calendars. These great outdoor concerts take place at Port Elgin Main Beach and Fairy Lake every Sunday from July 3 to September 4.
Other Special Events that are hosted by the Community Service Department can be found on the events calendar.
*NEW eNewsletter! Sign up for the Community Services What's Happening eNewsletter to receive the latest updates about recreation, parks and trails in Saugeen Shores.