Saugeen Shores Off Leash Dog Park
Saugeen Shores is the proud home of a brand new off leash dog park. This wonderful park is fully fenced, poopy station equipped and open from dawn until dusk.
Site Plan Map
Dog Park By-law
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all park users, both two and four legged, please adhere to the following rules of responsible conduct.
- The Saugeen Shores Off Leash Dog Park is open each year from April 2 to November 30 and closed each year from December 1 to April 1
- The Dog Park is for dogs, their owners/handlers and those accompanying them. THIS IS NOT A CHILDREN?S PLAYGROUND. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and kept under strict supervision. Do not allow children to run in the area and chase after dogs.
- Leash your dog when entering and exiting the park. Please DO NOT open both gates at the same time and please carry the leashes within the park.
- Limit of 3 dogs per handler. A handler aged 12 or older must be present and in control of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs should be spayed or neutered ? No female dogs in heat allowed.
- Ensure that your dog(s) is vaccinated and in good health before using the Off Leash Park.
- Puppies must have their 12 week shots. It is advised that a puppy be four months old before coming to the Leash Free Park
- Dogs must be licensed and shall wear a visible dog tag at all times.
- Dogs must be under control and in sight of their handler at all times. Be ready to take control of any situation, you are responsible for your dog?s behaviour.
- Owners/handlers must pick up after their pet. In Saugeen Shores it is the law to ?Stoop and Scoop?. Waste bags are provided. Failure to do so could result in life time expulsion from the park.
- Fill in any holes your dog digs or make appropriate repairs to disturbed area.
- No toys, no human or dog food, or treats, no alcohol and NO SMOKING (Methane Gas may be present).
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in the off leash area. Persistent aggressive action by dogs or people will not be tolerated; both the handler and the dog will be asked to leave. Violators may have their park privileges suspended.
- All dog owners and park users assume all risk related to park use.
- Dog owners are subject to Ontario?s Dog Owner?s Liability Act.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Be Safe and Have Fun!