Early waterfront development concept posted in error

Posted On Wednesday September 11, 2019

The Town of Saugeen Shores posted a waterfront development building concept to the Town’s website in error. The early concept, which had been rejected by CAO David Smith, was posted on the website on September 9, 2019 but was removed moments later.

“There have been variations of the conceptual drawings through the office, and unfortunately an early and rejected version of the waterfront development was publically posted very briefly this week,” said Mayor Luke Charbonneau.

“Council is committed to public consultation regarding this significant proposal, and the final concept will be presented in open forum at an upcoming date,” added Charbonneau.

Pier Donnini, the project proponent, has provided a number of conceptual drawings as options for Town staff to provide initial feedback. He included several during his July 22, 2019 presentation to Committee of Whole.

“Unfortunately, an early draft—which both parties (the Town and myself) had rejected—was posted online. This isn’t the concept we’re working toward and this particular concept was quickly rejected,” said Mr. Donnini.

The Waterfront revitalization project is currently ongoing. The Town received more than 1,500 responses on its public survey and 39 speakers voiced their opinions on the project at the public meeting on September 3, 2019.

“Council remains committed to an open and public process as we move to making a final decision,” said Mayor Luke Charbonneau.

Pier Donnini’s presentation from the September 3 public meeting is available on thecedarcrescentvillage.com. View CAO David Smith’s presentation here. Printed copies of both presentations can be picked up at the Municipal Office.

As well, as recording of the meeting can be viewed on the Town’s YouTube channel.