Are you planning to move to Saugeen Shores? Welcome to our community! We have provided some helpful information to get you started.

Our location and history

Learn about Saugeen Shores' communities and location. Our municipality also has a rich heritage and history that we enjoy celebrating.


There are many residential styles and options available in Saugeen Shores. With options ranging from apartment rentals to executive waterfront homes, century homes to new builds, rural and urban living, you'll find what you need in our community. Contact a local realtor for more information and discover new residential developments on our Development Story Map.

Arts, culture and events

The Town of Saugeen Shores offers many cultural opportunities, events and activities for those of all ages. There is always something to do in our Town!

Recreation and lifestyle

Explore Saugeen Shores' many different recreational activities, community spaces and facilities. From organized sports to trail hiking and camping, to our beaches, boating and fishing, Saugeen Shores is the perfect place to explore the outdoors and find lifestyle opportunities that are right for you.

Business and education

The Town of Saugeen Shores is home to excellent schools and child care services for your family. There are many post-secondary institutions within a two hour drive, with the closest being the Owen Sound campus of Georgian College.

Our Business Directory can help you find any shop or service you may need. Learn how to start a business, do business in Saugeen Shores and read our Community Profile for a clear picture of our Town's business climate, demographics and labour force.

If you are looking for work in the area, you can find many great opportunities on the Bruce County Job Board website.

Community services and information

Have you recently moved here? Here are a few helpful links to resources and information that will help you settle into your new community and navigate our services:

Government services and contact information

We have provided links and contact information to important government officials and services below.

Member of Parliament (Federal Government)

The Member of Parliament (MP) for Huron-Bruce is Ben Lobb. Your MP can help answer your questions on federal issues and advocate for your needs as a Canadian resident. Contact your MP at:

Ben Lobb, Huron-Bruce MP

5101 Highway 21 S.
Box 9 Site 4
Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C5
Phone: 519-832-2999

Bruce County

Saugeen Shores is located in Bruce County. The County of Bruce can help answer your questions on highways, housing, libraries, planning applications, support services and more. Contact Bruce County at:

Bruce County

30 Park St.
Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
Phone: 519-881-1291

Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre

Visit the Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre for information on the area's heritage and culture. Contact the museum at:

Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre

33 Victoria St. N.
Southampton, ON N0H 2L0
Phone: 519-797-2080

Grey Bruce Public Health

Visit Grey Bruce Public Health for inquiries on health care. Contact the organization at:

Grey Bruce Public Health

101 17th St. E.
Owen Sound, ON N4K 0A5
Phone: 519-376-9420

Land Registry Office

Register and search official private property records using Ontario's land registration system in Walkerton. Contact the office at:

Service Ontario Land Registry Office

203 Cayley St.
Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
Phone: 519-881-2259

Member of Provincial Parliament (Provincial Government)

The Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) for Huron-Bruce is Lisa Thompson. Your MPP can help answer your questions on provincial issues and advocate for your needs as an Ontario resident. Contact your MPP at:

Lisa Thompson, Huron-Bruce MPP

807 Queen St. Unit 3
PO Box 834
Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Y2
Phone: 519-396-3007

Ombudsman of Ontario

The Ombudsman of Ontario is an independent officer who investigates complaints about Ontario public sector bodies and recommends improvements for governance and resolving issues. Contact the Ombudsman at:

Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario

Bell Trinity Square
483 Bay St. 10th Floor - South Tower
Toronto, ON M5G 2C9

Phone: 1-800-263-1830

Service Ontario

Service Ontario can help you register for your identification and certificates, vehicle licences and health card. Contact Service Ontario at:

Service Ontario Port Elgin

559 Goderich St. Unit 119
Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C4

Phone: 519-832-9102
Toll-Free: 1-800-267-8097

Saugeen Shores Libraries

View more information on Saugeen Shores' libraries.

Saugeen Shores Police Services

The Saugeen Shores Police Services protect and serve the safety of our residents. Dial 9-1-1 for all emergencies. For non-emergencies, contact the police at:

Saugeen Shores Police Services

1240 Mackenzie Road
Port Elgin, ON
N0H 2C0

Non-emergency Inquiries: 519-832-2500

Administration: 519-832-9200

Saugeen Shores Fire Department

View more information about our Fire Department. Dial 9-1-1 for all emergencies. 

Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority

The Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority (SVCA) preserves the natural environment and wildlife around Saugeen Shores. Contact the SVCA at:

Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority

1078 Bruce Road 12
Box 150
Formosa, ON N0G 1W0

Phone: 519-367-3040