Proposed Zoning By-law Amendment

(Section 34, Planning Act, 1990)

Take Notice that an On-line Public Meeting will be held on May 17, 2021 at 6:30 PM to consider proposed changes to the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law.

The Purpose of the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment is to update policies and mapping schedules related to the provision of affordable and attainable housing.  Proposed modifications to the Zoning Bylaw include changes to the provisions for building height, yard encroachments for structures associated with persons with disabilities, secondary dwelling units, permitted uses and regulations associated with the Residential First Density, Residential Second Density, Residential Third Density and Residential Fourth Density zones. 

The Effect of the proposed amendment is to improve the provision of attainable and affordable housing in the Town of Saugeen Shores. 

For more information including information about preserving your appeal rights and the full details of the amendment, you can:

  • Visit the County of Bruce website under ‘Living Here’, ‘Land Use Planning’, and search under Saugeen Shores file numbers  Z-2021-044
  • Send a letter, Email, Call or Fax the department:

Bruce County Planning – Lakeshore Hub

1243 Mackenzie Road

Port Elgin, ON N0H 1C6  

Tel: 226-909-5515

 Written comments about the proposed amendments(s) should be forwarded to same by May 7, 2021, if you want them to be included in the information provided to Council.  Written comments may be submitted at any time before a decision is made by council on this matter.

How to access the Public Meeting For information on how to participate in the Public Meeting, please visit the municipal website at  

If you wish to speak to an application at the planning meeting, please contact the Saugeen Shores Clerks Department by email at or by calling 519-832-2008 ext. 105 to obtain information on the Zoom meeting.

Please note comments and opinions submitted on these matters, including the originator’s name and address, becomes part of the public record, may be viewed by the general public and may be published in the Planning Report and Committee Agenda.

Notification If you’d like to be notified of the decision on the proposed amendment, you must make a written request to the Bruce County Planning Department.