Print Icon  

Liquor Licence

Contact Us

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering the Liquor Licence Act (LLA) that covers aspects of Ontario's beverage alcohol laws. These laws provide the regulatory requirements for responsible sale and service of beverage alcohol in the Province. It is your responsibility to contact the AGCO if you require a liquor licence in the Province of Ontario.

Liquor Sales Licences

A business that requires a new liquor sales licence, wishes to licence an outdoor space such as a patio, or increase the licensed capacity of the establishment, must contact the AGCO for the current regulations and forms. If AGCO requires you to submit a Municipal Information Form, please deliver the completed form to the Clerk's office at least 20 days prior to when you need to submit the form to AGCO.

If AGCO requires you to submit an Agency Letter of Approval, Saugeen Shores requires that three copies of this form be submitted as follows:

1. One copy, with the applicable municipal fee of $85.73, to the Saugeen Shores Chief Building Official located at 600 Tomlinson Drive, Box 820, Port Elgin ON N0H 2C0;

2. One copy to the Saugeen Shores Fire Department located at 612 Emma Street, Port Elgin ON N0H 2C0;

3. One copy to the Grey Bruce Health Unit located at 101 17th St E, Owen Sound, ON N4K 0A5.

All forms must be submitted to the Town at least 20 days prior to when you need to submit the form to AGCO to allow time for staff review.

You are responsible for collecting the completed and signed forms from the Clerk and each of the agencies and submitting the documents to the AGCO.

Special Occasion Permits

All special occasion being held in municipally owned buildings and in public spaces involving the sale or consumption of alcohol must comply with the Municipal Alcohol Policy.