Print Icon  

Temporary Tent Permits

Contact Us

Tents are regulated by the Town of Saugeen Shores under the Ontario Building Code Act.

Do I need a Building Permit for my temporary tent?

Building permits are required for any tent or group of tents that are:

  • More than 60 m2 (646 ft2) in area or more than 60 m2 (646 ft2) in combined area if the tents are in a group
  • Attached to a building
  • Assembled less than 3m (9'-10") from other buildings/structures

Zoning or other approvals may be required even if a building permit is not required.

How to apply for a tent permit

Permit Fees


Permit fees will be waived for non-profit and charitable organizations.