The Town of Saugeen Shores allows for small changes to be made to the Zoning By-law through a Minor Variance application. You can follow this process if you wish to use your property in a way that does not meet current zoning regulations.

Minor Variances may be made for small issues, such as changes to:

  • Building setbacks
  • Parking requirements
  • Property structures (i.e., building a new deck or garage)

Major revisions, such as land use changes or large increases in development densities, must apply for a Zoning By-law Amendment.

Applications for either a Minor Variance of Zoning By-law Amendment are administered by the County of Bruce Planning Department.

Decision-making process

The Committee of Adjustment meets once per month to make decisions on Minor Variance applications.

Help with zoning questions

If you are not sure whether your proposed project involves a Minor Variance or Zoning By-law Amendment, please contact Development Services.