The current value of your property is determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). We use these assessed values to determine your tax rate for this year. For more information, visit MPAC's website or call 1-866-296-6722.

Questions about your assessment

If you would like to request any changes to your property class or assessed value, or if you have questions about your assessment, follow MPAC's Questions and Reconsideration Request Procedure. The deadline to submit a Request for Reconsideration is March 31 of the current taxation year.

Requesting a tax adjustment

You can request a tax adjustment or tax relief if any of the following conditions have affected you or your property:

  • A building destroyed by fire, demolition or otherwise
  • Mobile home unit is removed
  • Sickness or extreme poverty
  • Gross or manifest clerical/factual error
  • A building is damaged and unusable
  • Your property ceases to be liable at the tax rate it was taxed
  • Renovations prevent normal use (minimum three months)

Please fill out an Application Under Section 357/358 to request a tax adjustment.